Last night was a great night at Coffeehouse Cantors, lots of wonderful singing, including a few Josh Nelson songs I heard at Biennial and then forgot about. I'm getting out the CD I never listened to but absolutely HAD to buy on the spot in Toronto so am looking forward to that.
And I'm looking forward to our staff meeting. It's quite the crew we've got: (Rabbi & Doctor)Joel Mosbacher, (Cantor)David Perper, Iris Greenberg, & Joan Cohen. Joel & David, probably you worked way too hard for your titles for me to put them in parentheses, but you two are all that and a bag of (Panera) chips; your titles don't even do you justice as far as what kind of incredible talents, teachers and friends you are. And Joan and Iris - if I was missing my mother's sage but no-nonsense advice, you two have stepped in and taken over, and boy do I feel useful around you when it comes to technology! Thank you and thank you and thank you.
Mondays are big (long and full) at BHSS: the staff meeting in the morning seems to immediately lead to religious school.
Although things don't get rolling (i.e. with actual children in the building) until shortly before 4 p.m.,they continue until about 8:45 at night, so Mondays have the potential to be the things you simply can't wait to get to the end of. I feel this way about roller coasters, moving walkways in airports, horror/suspense thriller movies, and all visits to medical and dental facilities.
This is NOT to equate my work, which I love, with a visit to the doctor. (Not usually, anyway.) As a matter of fact, walking into the synagogue building actually makes most things look brighter. It is really my second home, except neater (nobody's fault but mine; I am probably one of the world's worst housekeepers but pretty organized at work.)
So this morning while I put off going to work because it's a long day there, it's quiet here (chinchillas sleep all day) and I know it's time to get a move on because I'm starting to feel scared and in a bit of a panic.
I remember in camp studying for my Junior Lifeguard exam, the definition of panic as a "sudden, unreasoning fear." Now, you see, I've got reasons, so maybe panic is not the right word.
Either way, I know in my head there's nothing to panic about RIGHT THIS MINUTE, and there's lots of good work to occupy my mind - so here we go, Monday, it's sunny outside and my new CD is waiting to be played.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love working with you, and will be there for you all along the way...
ReplyDelete