So, the genetic testing came back and I have none of the gene mutations, which I'm assured is good news. (Nice to get something qualified as good news when I see the hospital's number on the caller ID.)That's now a good blood test, a good chest x-ray, and a good genetic test.
Along with the test results, Dr. McIntosh's nurse passed along that I have some decisions to make, and of course she's right. So, I've got an appointment for May 6 with the oncologist I have been to in the past, Dr. Louise Ligresti, to get her up to date and also to listen to her opinion on surgery options. (I have no qualms about mentioning her name here because I know she's good; plus we went through the "medical grapevine" to check her out almost four years ago when I was diagnosed the first time.)
As always, I'll welcome encouragingly good reports on my choices of doctor. If I print someone's name here, it's Rod & I, with the best advice possible, who have made that decision, and it's pretty much a done deal.
We're working on checking out a plastic surgeon for if/when that becomes necessary.
In the meantime, today is Ari's birthday. Happy Birthday, Ari, my now fifteen year-old baby boy <3 So many people on Facebook wished him a happy day before I was even AWAKE this morning. That was great! Anyway, it's an excuse for Italian takeout. (Whose child this is, I do not know. I thought that right along with the eye for expensive things and the inability to make a decision quickly, I and all my children had inherited, from my mother, the desire to eat out as often as possible.)
There's a diet I was inadvertently on four years ago, called the "anxiety diet," during my surgery and radiation therapy. Perhaps you know it. So I'm enjoying the fact that mentioning Italian takeout has made me hungry!
I know rain is in the forecast (literally) for Sunday but it's sunny out right now and the weekend means no doctors to call or who will call me. My doctors are terrific, but TGIF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday Ari .... I hope you all enjoy the Italian food.
ReplyDeleteGood news on the testing I hope you continue to be given good news.
Ricki, that's good news! One less thing to worry about!
ReplyDeleteAnd HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARI! (Can he hear me yelling?)
Hi Rebecca, Heard what is happening with you, I understand completely everything you are going through as I have just been through it all. If you want an opinion from someone who is only 3 months post op and how I feel about the plastic surgery options [if that is the route you take] feel free to call me. Thinking of you, Karen [BTW...Dr. Ligresti is fabulous]
ReplyDeleteHi Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteCan't get over how quickly you got your results! Thank goodness, since waiting/not knowing is sooo difficult. Very happy about the good news.
Happy Belated Birthday to Ari! Hope the Italian food was yummy.
Hugs,
Marlene