Friday, April 16, 2010

So Now What?

First things first -

This blog is for all who wish me well (duh, why would I care to inform those who don't?) and, as you can see, is turning into a place for me to "think out loud." I can't believe how much it's already helped, and since that's the point, I hope you don't mind if not every word is a pearl of informative medical wisdom or deep look into my psyche - this is me and that's the way it is. (You might even hear from my snarky evil twin; I let her type once in a while because she's fun at parties.)

To all who read and have (or think they have!) some medical knowledge: I am happy to have informed advice. Please understand that I already have a breast surgeon who is the chief of Breast Surgery at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. Her name is V. Merle McIntosh (the "V" stands for Violet, which tickles me, somehow) and she has taken very good care of me thus far. If you personally know or have heard something TERRIFIC about her, PLEASE SHARE! If you have FIRST-HAND experience that you think should cause me to seek a 2d opinion - please make darned sure your info is accurate before telling me about it.

8 comments:

  1. I am obviously wishing you well, following your thoughts and your story. I am here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being one of those who wish you well I will be following your story and hoping all does go well as you fight this battle. Totally understand the evil twin factor ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri and I are rooting for you snd wishing you nothing but the best. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Luiza - and you've even met her in person and are still my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doctor and the hospital's night staff sound wonderfully knowledgeable and caring. We wish you didn't have to be on this journey, but Dick and I will think nothing but happy, healthy, healing thoughts in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca...this is the first time I have ever been on or read a blog, so let me know if this isn't what I am supposed to do! See? It took YOU getting breast cancer for me to enter the century...(it's all about me, right?)...You ARE so sane and strong, it's unbelievable....and you're awesome too. I have ALWAYS cracked up too that Dr. M's middle name is Violet (sounds like a strippers name, Violet Meryl!). Thinking about you are your awesomeness...call me if you want. xxoo barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. MacIntosh did Alan's mom's breast surgery 9 years ago. She is a wonderful doctor and person! My heart and best wishes go out to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts daily and I will always think positives thoughts for you. Thanks for including me in your email telling us about your blog.
    Helaine Wohl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hebrew scholars will help offer some distraction, at least every Thursday morning. Because sometimes we're evil and sometimes were good (or was that abundant!)

    ReplyDelete