I know, that was yesterday. But a quick recap of a few days past - Saturday, sat around in bed but was very productive. Wrote the annual family letter, processed a few loads of laundry, helped to empty the TiVo's Now Playing list so that nothing gets "deleted" by accident. I know there was more but of course once I finished it, I put it out of my mind.
Yesterday I told one of the teachers that what's going on in my head is like a blackboard that is wiped at regularly, but not cleaned very well. Everything that has been written on it in the last few months is still there, albeit faint and unfocused. I'm just trying hard to pay attention to what was "written" most recently!
Sunday work had a lot of drama, but Sunday afternoon was so much fun. Rod and I went on the Life Long Learning - sponsored eating and walking tour of the Lower East Side, and we met Andrew in the city so he walked with us too. We sampled smoked tofu, pickles, aged parmesan and fresh mozzarella, cannolis, and the best halvah I ever had, for sure. Then left to our own devices we dashed in and out of Economy Candy (so much candy!) and got in line at Katz's Deli for pastrami sandwiches. The "cutter," as they are called, kindly made me a sandwich with somewhat less meat in it (still double what we would make at home) and wrote "Human Size" on it. Too funny!
Monday kicked in at full throttle, wet and rainy. But I learned that our long-awaited awning over the school entrance is to be a reality in time for the new school year, so as I walked out the door last night I looked up (got splatted with rain, thank you very much) and thought that things are really moving forward.
A new twist is pretty constant knee/leg aching, which might be a re-visit of my Lyme's from two years ago or may be yet another novel anxiety symptom. Either way, I'll get over to my fave GP, Dr. Eskow next week for a blood test to get that confirmed or ruled out.
Even though most days I feel like I not only can't get off the starting block, I'm hopping up and down on it, that amount of nervous energy should have me halfway around the world by now. Three doctor appointments next week, so moving forward seems like the only sensible idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment