Thursday, June 9, 2011

Post-op post

Without a hitch. That's how my foray into the world of specialized microsurgery went. We got there at 7:05, they took me in at 7:10, got started right away, and the doctor was extremely nice about the shot. He also checked continuously to be sure I wasn't in pain. Actually one of the most relaxing things I've done in a while! I had the option to stay in the treatment room or join Rod in the waiting area while they checked the newest samplings. We were packed and prepared to be there all day and, of course, I was skin cancer-free and stitched up by 8:15.

Stitches to be removed in two weeks and until then (after the first 24 hours of not touching my bandage)simple care: wash with soap, cover with bacitracin and use a bandage only if I want to.

So simple, so painless (mostly). Piece 'o cake. I'll let you know what happens after the long-acting deadening shot wears off. But in the meantime the two teeny ativans I took to ward off anxiety are making me sleepy. Nap time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment