As the anesthesia wears off (I'm drinking like crazy because a) you're supposed to and b) you get rid of anesthesia faster via visits to the bathroom) I'm remembering some of what what Dr D'Amico said in Pre-op. Note that there was no conversation in Post-op. He didn't come out to talk to Rod either, which is a first. I know he had a procedure right after me, so maybe that was it.
But it's okay, since I'll see him on Thursday. Undoubtedly we will get the post game then. And he did put my own sports bra on me in surgery (Huzzah!) instead of the plastic and Velcro surgical bra monster so by the time we get to Thursday afternoon I won't be trying to climb out of my own skin.)
In Pre-op he tossed a couple of curve balls at me. (One wasn't technically at ME; it was to a nurse: "we will need blah, blah, blah, blah, TWO DRAINS, blah, blah.".
Yes folks, DRAINS, again. I reacted as you, dear reader, would expect, and I daresay, encourage. "Drains? Noooooo......."
His (IMHO) casual response was that of course new implants need drains. I told the nurse I had almost broken the record for length of time with drains, and he said that this time would probably only be 1 week "or until the fluid is down." I know what that means; it means as long as it takes. I'll (having thought it over more than 12 hours later) concede based on his previous results. And after even more thought, realized that the only times I had drains were when implants were put in.
As he drew on me with a purple Sharpie he pitched again, another quick casual one. "And when these settle in for good we'll move a little fat from here (pats general direction of my abdomen) up to fill in spots."
I swing: "B-b-but I thought these new ones are shaped to fill in higher up?" And miss:
"You don't want them too high up, right?" Right. (Again)
But, like always, the long game is what's important. And thanks to 3 kids, a husband, school parents, teachers, and students, I have cultivated a little patience. Besides, Amazon Prime is right there for me when it wears thin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment