Passover was great, and somehow here I am, 5 hours until no more food/drink. I'm just a little stymied by everything, and nothing. My office at work is tidy, I've laid out all my "hospital clothes" and washed every dirty dish, including the giant matzah ball soup pot. And with that, Passover cleanup is over. There are stacks of clean things all over that need to go back to their various cupboards and hiding places until the next "occasion" and I waver between wanting to put them all back and wanting to direct my recovery minions to put them back when I get home from the hospital.
When I get home from the hospital. When I get home from the hospital. When I get home from the hospital. I'm starting to think like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. Knock Knock Knock. Everything, three times. What's the magic formula that will give me the confidence to not worry about tomorrow?
No crystal ball, no magic formula, no ability to knock, knock, knock on the door of every single one of tomorrow's medical team and tell them to get a REALLY good night's sleep, for goodness sake.
I can make sure my own personal support system, Rod, gets a decent night's sleep. The rest is just going to happen whether I'm ready or not. Who's ever ready for surgery, anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By the time you see this, the surgery will be over. Here's wishing for a speedy and relatively pain-free recovery.
ReplyDelete