Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Better Living Through Chemistry - and Chocolate Milkshakes

I'm home and in some "discomfort."  But it's mostly soreness in the muscles I'm sure the surgeon was shoving around while I was out and couldn't whine at him.  My throat (from the tube) "hurts more, actually.  But on the hospital's cute little pictograph of 1 to 10, 10 being what happened on Saturday when I jammed my pinky toe into the doorway of Rod's car while climbing out to get a pedicure (in flip flops, no less) and badly bruising my foot in the place where I broke it over 20 years ago, and 3 being now, after 1/4 of an oxycodone and a Valium.....

God bless Rod and the chocolate milkshake he stopped for on the way home.  And Ari who unpacked my stuff and brought me a strawberry Activia. (Gotta counterbalance that Oxy, and besides it says to take with food.  Milkshake is food, yes?  Of course, yes.)

But typing is a little dicey, what with the pain/meds and all, so suffice it to say I'm home and there's no place like it.  Except maybe Hawaii.  Hawaii is REALLY nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment