A few people who have become "followers" (sounds a little cult-ish to me, but if that's the terminology, then that's the terminology) have written to ask for the link again. So, I guess I missed that you have to give people a way to actually get notification that you have posted a new blog entry.
Ari muttered something to me about "RSS feeds" way back when I started, but I have no idea what he's talking about. In the meantime, I found a "widget" that presumably will do this. So, if you click on the right-hand side of the page in a very nicely decorated (again, not my choice but pre-made by the developer) box under the Followers box, you should be able to enter your email address and you will get a message when I write a new entry.
I have tested this, and it does seem to work, and most importantly, they emphasize that they DO NOT SEND an email unless I write a new entry. So I'm hoping this solves things for a few of you, I thank you again for reading, and if you have problems with this particular widget then let me know and I'll disable it and try to figure out something else.
See now, I have successfully taken my mind off breast cancer and surgery and chemotherapy for a whole 15 minutes or so. Nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, so that didn't work very well. Maybe the new RSS gadget will?
ReplyDelete