Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Like Pulling Off a Band-Aid

Times about a thousand. That's what it felt like. But I was holding my breath so waiting to hear if he was just replacing it with another, that the pain was kind of forgettable, especially when you consider all the other nonsense I've been through. The doctor actually said something about putting a new one back on, looked at me, and I shrugged and told him I had lowered my expectations. Then he saw how unhappy my skin was where the bandages and gauze packing had been, and decided to leave it off.

So, I have just gotten out of a REAL SHOWER:)

And my next appointment is in two months. But in the meantime he wants me to wear, if not the LLB, then something with a similar amount of support for his interior "shelving" sutures, 24 hours a day. I did make a plea for nighttime relief on the theory that gravity did not pull in the same direction if I was asleep in bed, but he wasn't having any of that. He split the difference with me; 24/7 for the next month and after that I can have nights off:)

In the meantime, he really does refer to my particular bra by my name (as in, "We should get this patient into that Rebecca bra.") I don't know if it's just that my perspective or priorities have changed on many things or if I'm just really tired or what, but the visit was almost kind of fun.

Sore but happier (and cleaner) tonight..........

No comments:

Post a Comment