Monday, June 29, 2015

Every Birthday....

..is also an anniversary.  Because my surgery was on June 28 and my birthday is June 27, I can't help but remember the surgery that "started it all" every time I celebrate a birthday.  It's rather convenient, actually.  Every year that I say to myself "Wow, I made it!  Let's do it again!" I'm reminded just what got me to this day, or as they say in a Hebrew prayer "...shehecheyanu, v'kiy'manu, v'higianu, laz'man hazeh"  (or, roughly, for keeping us alive and allowing us to get to today.)

So, yesterday was June 28 - FIVE YEARS from my blog entry titled "Separating the Saucer Sections."  Good grief, how clever was I at 5 a.m. back then? 

Saturday I turned 60.  Years ago, people with breast cancer didn't get to celebrate a 60th birthday.  Today, some do and some don't, but more do, for sure.  I can't speak for everyone in the latter group but speaking for myself, I'm grateful.

Rod gifted me with a hammock which arrived on June 22, prompting several Facebook posts that started with "A View from the Hammock." Here's the first one:



For my actual birthday, I went to services in the morning, then out to dinner with my favorite dessert, zabaglione, made tableside.

Like I said, grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment