You would think that while I await the biopsy results of a little pink itchy patch of skin located on what seems like the only piece of frontal real estate that is NOT already numb, I'd feel worse, not better (especially since there will be another surgery and scar involved, I'm sure.) But, not so much!
It's gonna be what it's gonna be. In the meantime, I got good test results from the gynecologist, so scratch that off the list for a year:). Next up on the non breast cancer-related health maintenance hit parade, a colonoscopy (but not right now!) And, although my visit to the dentist (and hygienist from hell) resulted in a cavity - which, by the way, is probably caused by another tamoxifen side effect - "dry mouth" - I still feel better, not worse. Interesting and I don't even care why; I'm just thrilled that my reaction is back to non-tear producing semi-normal!
Whatever the label I put on it (discouraged, down, etc.) IT seems to have subsided. I don't remember doing anything differently; maybe as I unraveled the knots that are May's events, things just. Got. Better.
Tomorrow night is Ari's confirmation service and it's going to be great. He has grown up so much in this way, and I can't wait for him to shine. But first, he's going to sing two (count 'em, two) solos with his chamber choir at a competition tomorrow down near Great Adventure (six flags amusement park, about 2 hours away.)
And so......in order to be sure he gets back in time to shower and dress for Confirmation, Rod is driving down there and I am riding the bus with the kids (leaving 6:30 a.m.) so I can escort him out of the park when Rod arrives. Like I said, it's going to be a great night but I think we are going to be pretty tired!
Saturday is our day to breathe, then Sunday is the congregational 40/10 celebration BBQ, Monday is the last "long day" of religious school, then Tuesday the "real" last day of religious school sessions, then Ari's choir concert, Wednesday day to breathe and Thursday we'll celebrate Rod's birthday (which is actually the 24th) with a really nice dinner with his parents and our boys and Jackie. Friday we go to Baltimore for Digital Overload. And, we'll be back in time to go to dim sum (hopefully) on Memorial Day itself.
May is turning out to be all the good things that it promised. Very nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baltimore????!!! How long will you be here? Can we get together? Call me. I'd love to see you in person rather than just read about you....
ReplyDelete