It's useless to look back and see when I last posted - I can't even imagine that any of you had the incredible PATIENCE and determination to stick with me when I've been quiet for so long.
I don't know what started me up again, unless it's a scheduled visit to Dr. D'Amico next week, or unless it's that our rabbinic intern, now Rabbi Josh Stanton, was such a wonderful writer that he has inspired me to start up again. Or, it could be that I "stopped" because I was worried that my writing had less and less to do with breast cancer and more and more just about stuff in general. But my bff Elyssa reminded me that as long as I'm still dealing with this thing, even if it's not endless rounds of doctor visits and surgeries, my blog title still applies, and of course she's right.
Plus, I recently enrolled in an online course (gasp! the first course I've taken since college) and now I'm beholden to actually answer to someone, and I'm scared. So, in the ultimate act of overcompensation, I logged on today and did the first 3 assignments posted. They weren't hard; introduce myself, choose my favorite photo representing online learning, and check off one of the things that is a unique characteristic of online learning.
Introducing myself was the writing part, and PROBABLY I wrote way more than the instructor intended when she asked for a brief piece telling everyone a little about yourself :)
But I guess they'd better get used to it now. Some of the future assignments, like creating a whole online class, are scary to me. Here's how I plan to be not scared: my secret weapon - Elyssa is going to "audit" some of the classes with me, so I don't feel so alone and incapable. She is the BEST!
And, to get back "on topic," I fooled around with temporary tattoos again for a week or so a while back. It. Could. Work.
But I'm still not sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I've never been a secret weapon before... Have to add that to my resume! So glad you've started writing again, and I'm looking forward to learning with you -- and from you!
ReplyDelete